About Blue Door
Since 1982, Blue Door has been an integral part of the community, providing emergency housing for the homeless population of York Region. As the region has grown, so too have the services of our organization. Initiated as a shelter for single men, Blue Door has expanded to include emergency housing programs for families and youth.
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs. Some of our opportunities include:
- In-kind Donations – sorting and organizing in-kind items received from our donors – (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Food Services – helping prep meals and assisting with food inventories – (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Garden maintenance – weeding and watering various gardens and planter boxes
- Fundraising – assisting with fundraising events
- Marketing – assistance with website updates, social media and marketing materials
- Barber/Hair Stylist – providing hair-cuts to men, youth and families
- Specialty volunteers – Do you have a special skill that you would like to share?
- Construction/General Contractor Estimator – assist with estimates by pricing materials required for jobs for Construct, Social Enterprise
- Board Member – Make a direct, positive impact on your community by helping to end homelessness
Volunteer candidates must follow the process below prior to beginning their volunteer placement:
- Submit your interest by filling out the online form via ‘I want to Help’ button (info sent to Blue Door)
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit to a criminal background check
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.