Rural eMentoring BC (ReMBC) matches BC's rural youth with mentors who are post-secondary students. Our mission is to help BC's rural youth prepare for life after high school, and inspire and support them to attend post-secondary.
The program is all online: we offer one-on-one mentoring and host virtual events where our mentors speak to groups of rural students.
- No experience required, but volunteers must be post-secondary students AND either be originally from BC (or have lived in BC for at least a year), or be attending a BC school.
- Mentor role and responsibilities:
- As a mentor for ReMBC, you will be helping rural youth explore their options for after high school. You'll be asked to share your experiences, give advice, and provide support to rural high school students. Your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring rural youth one-on-one:
- Guide your mentee through an online curriculum that includes topics like well-being, post secondary, and careers. Communication happens via asynchronous messaging, so you can write your mentee messages whenever you want. However, you are required to respond to their messages within 3 days. Expect to spend 2-3 hours per week on this.
- Virtual mentor visits:
- Join a Zoom call with a group of rural youth. Share your journey to post-secondary, answer questions, and provide your perspective to a class of students. All mentors are required to volunteer for at least one visit per year.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.