minibiblioPLUS is an outreach project consisting of two programs: minibiblio (mini-libraries) and the Early Literacy Component provided free to partners. minibiblio includes books selected from our collection; a training session on tracking; replenishment of materials with our expert’s assistance and mutual partner promotion. Early Literacy Component includes weekly reading activity by our volunteers both online and in- person, early Literacy workshop and early literacy tool kit.
Volunteer Opportunities – hours are flexible (we’ll work with your schedule)
- Story time animator (online or in-person) – books to be picked up by the volunteer at the library.
- In person where the volunteer is placed with a partner and goes in once a week to animate story-time for children in the presence of the educator.
- Online where the volunteer films themselves reading children’s books and shares the videos with us for private distribution to our partners. No distribution of these videos on any other platforms will be allowed.
- Book deliveries
- Responsible for picking up books from the library and deliver them to designated partner organization (Daycare & community centers) within CDN-NDG.
- Library clerk – Currently Unavailable due to COVID-19
- Volunteers help the librarian with book-shelving and book processing activities.
- Events – Currently unavailable due to COVID-19
- Assist the team in organizing and executing any community events.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.