About the Melanoma Research Foundation
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) is the largest independent organization devoted to melanoma. Committed to the support of medical research in finding effective treatments and eventually a cure for melanoma, the MRF also educates patients and physicians about prevention, diagnosis and the treatment of melanoma. The MRF is an active advocate for the melanoma community, helping to raise awareness of this disease and the need for a cure.
- Special Events Support: Get involved with an existing MRF event! Each year, our dedicated volunteers organize dinners, walks and runs to benefit the MRF. These events always need help. Check out our event calendar to find out what’s going on in your area.
- Certified Melanoma Educators: Join our team of Certified Melanoma Educators who raise awareness by educating members of their community, distribute educational materials to schools, doctors’ offices and health fairs, etc.
- Advocacy: Become an advocate and help represent the patient and caregiver voice by sharing powerful stories and the collective needs of the melanoma community. The MRF staff and volunteers work at the local, state, federal and regulatory levels to promote increased funding for new and innovative science, access to affordable, quality health care, access to sunscreen in schools, tanning bed legislation and more. Whether you are attending the MRF’s annual Advocacy Summit and Hill Day, meeting with your local lawmakers or providing feedback on regulatory issues, YOUR voice is critical in the fight against melanoma!
- CommUNITY Fundraisers: Each year our volunteer fundraisers raise almost a quarter million dollars to support the MRF’s mission. They do this by hosting cookouts, organizing group bike rides, dart or poker tournaments, attending professional sports games and many other creative events. Find more information HERE.
- Share Your Story: As part of our effort to raise awareness of melanoma, the MRF frequently speaks with members of the media. If you are interested in sharing your story about your personal experience with melanoma, please complete this questionnaire (responses are kept private and not released publicly) or email email@example.com.
- Special Projects (remote opportunities): email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.