Now in its 35th year, the Food Bank continues to flourish specifically because of its great volunteers, a committed staff, and a community that continues to donate supplies year after year. The London Food Bank is an important part of this functioning city and we invite you to explore more of how we function and who we serve.
Thank you for your interest in helping out at the London Food Bank. There are many ways to get involved with helping to support our neighbours experiencing poverty.Please read this entire page carefully to find the volunteer opportunity that is right for you.
- General Help
- Perform general'work in our warehouse, including making hampers, sorting donations, and other duties as needed. Sign up using the form below to receive bi-weekly e-mail notifications about volunteer opportunities in the warehouse that'take place during our weekday operating hours. Notifications typically go out on every other Monday around noon (or the following Tuesday if the Monday is a holiday).
- Special Events
- There are a number of'special events'that happen in our community that benefit the London Food Bank.The type and requirements of these events vary and may include assisting with one of our food drives, public outreach activities, or taking part in a'harvest mob.'Sign up using the form below to receive notifications about volunteer opportunities at special events.
- Helping in the Garden
- We have'vegetable gardens and fruit trees on site'where we grow fresh produce to provide to our clients. Whether you are an avid gardener or just want to learn the basics, we welcome you to help out. Sign up using the form below to receive notifications about volunteer opportunities in the garden.
- Saturday Mornings
- We offer opportunities for individuals to join us on select Saturday mornings to perform general duties in the warehouse. This opportunity is best used by those who are unable to join us during our weekday volunteer hours.
- To register for a Saturday shift, please call us'at 519-659-4045.
- If you are a member of a group (school, club, organization, or business) that is interested in donating some time to the London Food Bank, please call us at 519-659-4045.
- The volunteer opportunities offered through selecting the “General Help” box below are'NOT'able to accommodate groups.
- High-School Hours
- If you are a high-school student looking to serve some of your required community volunteer hours, please call the Food Bank on the 20th of the month (August to May) at 2:45 PM and ask to speak with Doug. (If the 20th falls on a weekend, you will need to call on the next business day at 2:45 PM.) Space permitting you will be offered an opportunity to acquire some hours during the following month during the school year (September to June).
- In the summer (July and August), morning and afternoon shifts of 3 hours may made available to high-school students. Please call 519-659-4045 and ask to speak with a Food Bank staff person to schedule times.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.