The Food Bank of York Region is a program of LifeCorps International, a Canadian charity dedicated to alleviating human suffering by providing basic human needs. Our mission is to create a food distribution hub for non-profit food access programs in York Region. Partnering with Farmers, Retail stores, Wholesalers and Food Manufacturers, we supply healthier food choices to our most vulnerable residents.
Volunteers select 3-hour shifts at the following times at the warehouse location (8201 Keele Street)
- Monday-Fridays: 8:00 am to 11:00 am or 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Saturdays: 8:00 am – 11:00 am or 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Volunteers must be 16+ years old to volunteer, be able to pick up at least 25 pounds, and will be placed in the warehouse to help with an abundance of the food banks needs. Some of these things include:
- Sorting – going through food incoming & outgoing donationsPacking – preparing food boxes of up to 25 pounds for delivery
- Packing – Non-food items for home delivery
- Assisting with agency order packing & pick-ups
- Clean up & garbage/recycling removal
- Other tasks as required.
To apply to volunteer, click the ‘I want to Help' button above and you will be redirected to the Food Bank of York’s volunteer signup form! After completing the form, you should receive an automated email in your inbox detailing next steps. You’ll be asked to complete a liability form prior to volunteering.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.