Volunteers at Children's National Hospital serve in a variety of ways to assist patients and family members during their hospital visit. Whether spending time playing at a patient's bedside, delivering flowers, sorting donations or helping visitors navigate the hospital, our volunteers play a critical role in setting the standards of excellence in a healthcare setting.
Record a video of yourself reading to add to our library of recorded stories that will comfort children and families beyond Covid-19.
Guidelines to create a great story time. Setting up:
- Pick a location that is a quiet space without interruptions.
- Make sure the sound quality is clear. Oftentimes, an iPhone may be better quality than a laptop.
Picking a book:
- Pick a book you love to read.
- Books with beautiful illustrations are encouraged.
- Avoid picking a book that says things such as “feel better” or “get well soon”.
- We also welcome submissions of books read in languages other than English
While you are reading:'
- Introduce yourself and the book, perhaps by saying something like, ‘Hello friends, my name is [Joe]. Today, we are reading [Book Title] by [Author].'
- Take your time, enjoy reading slowly. Feel free to be dramatic and fun in your reading!
- Linger over pictures or details, showing them to the camera as if you were reading to a group of children in person.
- Say ‘The Endwhen you finish the book.
Submitting your recording:
- Save your recording
- Send file to Children's National by visiting wetransfer.com. You do not need an account. Upload your video file and enter our email address CNHStories@gmail.com to the 'email tosection.
If you have any questions, email Allie Williams.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.