Children Now is a registered charitable organization whose goal is to advance the cause of healthy, united families in society. We focus most of our initiatives on prevention and education. Some of the phenomena we specialize in include divorce, family mediation, poverty, delinquency, school drop-outs, bullying, violence, street gangs, health and the environment.
Our volunteers are people of all ages from all walks of life who are in various stages of their lives. Their commonality: the desire to make a difference in their communities and in their own lives. Through their generous contribution of time, they help make a significant difference in the lives of underprivileged children. Our non-profit organization depends on volunteers to help accomplish our mission. Offer your time to help the welfare of children and families through our various volunteer positions available.
We organize several annual activities including Easter and Christmas Parties. These activities require the help of volunteers to become a reality. By offering your time, you can help these parties become a magical impactful event for underprivileged children.
Below are several tasks we need volunteers to help with:
- Volunteers to participate as mascots, elves/helpers etc. on the day of the events
- Help with logistics prior to events: document preparation, prepare costumes, help with ironing, prepare children gift bags, etc.
- Volunteer drivers to pick-up sponsorship gifts (gifts for the children and/or volunteers) – needs may be either on a weekly basis or prior to activities (for both Montreal and Quebec offices)
- Press release delivery the day before the events (Montreal and Quebec)
- Truck drivers for our events, for a total of 4 days for each event
- Loading of the truck (at Montreal offices) the day before the events
- Evening unloading of the trucks at the hotels where the events take place (in both Montreal and Quebec)
- Loading of the truck after the event at the hotels (Montreal and Quebec)
- Unloading the truck at the end of the events at the Montreal offices
- Christmas workshop preparation: Take merchandise out of storage rooms and place it in the ‘workshop’ area (Montreal offices)
- Gift wrapping – Duration of the gift wrapping is one week and takes place at our Montreal offices
- Clearing Christmas workshop after the Christmas Show
Other Volunteer Needs
- Annual mass mailing for tax receipts
- Logistics help in other events such as: fundraising events, golf tournaments, etc.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.