About Bread and Beyond
Bread and Beyond is a Montreal based community organization with a mission to provide a reliable supply of fresh, nutritious sandwiches to organizations serving clients in a homeless or vulnerable situation.
Want to make a difference? Join us!
- Have a non- perishable food drive – we need sandwich ingredients such as peanut butter, mayo, jam as well as many items for our Essentials Boxes
- Make sandwiches for people experiencing homelessness and/or hunger
- Create art for the sandwich bags and /or messages of encouragement and connection. Make ‘Welcome Home’ cards for the Essentials Boxes.
- Join one of our monthly ‘Clear out your Closet’ campaigns where we collect an item most needed by the shelters. These are always items people have at home- such as blankets, t-shirts, running shoes. We ask for the items to be in good condition and, where appropriate, washed and folded.
- Collect items for our Essentials Boxes which support housing initiatives around Montreal as they help move people into permanent housing after a period of homelessness. You can donate anything from a toothbrush, to a frying pan or a set of new sheets.
Please also send us your ideas – as long as it aligns with our mission and values as well as our hygiene guidelines we will try to make it work!