Téléphone: (604) 428-8228
Area: East Vancouver, BC
The Writers’ Exchange is a community that supports under-resourced kids and youth to build their confidence and get excited about reading, writing and their own potential!
Les possibilités de bénévolat – Literacy Volunteer (must be 16+)
If you want to learn how memes and silly scavenger hunts can get kids aged 6 to 18 excited about reading, writing, and their own potential then this role is for you! We integrate reading and writing into creative, energetic and unstructured activities motivated by the kids’ interests that, along with your encouragement, boost kids’ self-confidence. We strongly encourage involvement by volunteers who are BIPOC, Muslim, English Language Learners and/or newcomers. If you face barriers to volunteering, please let us know so we can address them together.
What you’ll do to positively impact kids:
- Be a consistent positive role model for kids and youth
- Bring your enthusiasm and kindness to all shifts
- Demonstrate compassion for the communities in which we work
- Continuously learn how you can best support the kids, including through daily debriefs
What makes a great volunteer?
- Adaptable, committed, compassionate, consistent, flexible, friendly, fun, genuine, kind, loves to learn, open-minded, relaxed, team player, trustworthy, and understanding
- Thrives in a space that is loud, fun, energetic, unstructured and constantly changing
- Previous experience working with kids/youth is great but is not required.
Why people love volunteering at The Writer’s Exchange:
- You will (with time, patience, and commitment) develop a strong relationship with awesome kids.
- You will learn from the kids and youth—not just fun facts and current trends, but about their cultures, social justice, and other things that matter to them.
- Through hands-on experience and specialized training sessions, you will learn about how to work effectively with kids and youth from a variety of backgrounds.
- We have the best snacks!
- After three terms as a volunteer, you’ll receive a Writers’ Exchange tote bag!
Désolé, aucun enregistrement n'a été trouvé. Veuillez ajuster vos critères de recherche et réessayer.