About Blue Door
Since 1982, Blue Door has been an integral part of the community, providing emergency housing for the homeless population of York Region. As the region has grown, so too have the services of our organization. Initiated as a shelter for single men, Blue Door has expanded to include emergency housing programs for families and youth.
Les possibilités de bénévolat
Volunteers provide support to many of our programs. Some of our opportunities include:
- Dons en nature – sorting and organizing in-kind items received from our donors – (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Les services alimentaires – helping prep meals and assisting with food inventories – (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Entretien du jardin – weeding and watering various gardens and planter boxes
- Collecte de fonds – assisting with fundraising events
- Commercialisation – assistance with website updates, social media and marketing materials
- Coiffeur / Coiffeur – providing hair-cuts to men, youth and families
- Bénévoles spécialisés – Do you have a special skill that you would like to share?
- Estimateur en construction / entrepreneur général – assist with estimates by pricing materials required for jobs for Construct, Social Enterprise
- Membre d'équipage – Make a direct, positive impact on your community by helping to end homelessness
Volunteer candidates must follow the process below prior to beginning their volunteer placement:
- Submit your interest by filling out the online form via ‘I want to Help’ button (info sent to Blue Door)
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Submit to a criminal background check
Aucun enregistrement trouvé
Désolé, aucun enregistrement n'a été trouvé. Veuillez ajuster vos critères de recherche et réessayer.
Échec du chargement de
Maps Désolé, impossible de charger l'API Maps.