About Bgc Ottawa
Bgc Ottawa provides a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Bgc Ottawa has served the Ottawa community since 1923, reaching out to 4,500 children and youth each year through after-school, weekend and summer programs that build self-esteem and help to develop stronger social skills.
After-school and weekend hours are a critical time for youth. That time can represent either an opportunity to learn and grow through quality after-school programs, or be a time of risk to youth’s health and safety.
Experts agree that after-school programs offer a healthy and positive alternative. These programs keep kids safe, improve academic achievement and help relieve the stresses on today’s working families. They can serve as important intervention strategies for youth.
Les possibilités de bénévolat
Somersault National Capitol event on Saturday July 9th
Various tasks available:
- Registration: 6:30-9am / 7am-12pm
- Body Marking and Chip Pickup
- Duathlon: 8am-12pm
- Riding up and down the run course
- Swim Course: 8-11am
- Kayak the swim course/ Help swimmer as they start/finish the swim / Entrance and Exit
- T Zone: 6:30am-12pm
- Checking athletes as they set up their T-Zone. Marshalling people as they leave
- Mount/dismount line: 9am-11:30am
- Make sure that athletes don’t get on their bike until AFTER they cross the mounting line. Make sure that athletes who are done cycling get off their bike BEFORE the dismount line.
- Bike course closure: 7am-12pm
- Close the parkway/monitor the barricade
- Run course: 8:30am-12:30pm
- Tell runners where to turn
- Tear down: 10:30am-1:30pm
- Clean up and signage/ Put everything back in the trailer
Désolé, aucun enregistrement n'a été trouvé. Veuillez ajuster vos critères de recherche et réessayer.